Update Date: Sunday 3/1/2020
Although there are no known cases of the coronavirus in Clark County, Washoe County, or Carson City, the Clark County School District (CCSD) has collaborated with the Southern Nevada Health District to provide the attached community flyer. CCSD’s emergency operations plan also includes a response plan in the event schools are impacted.
As we always do, with any illness, we ask parents not to send students to school if they may be sick. Keeping your sick child home will be a great benefit for the health and wellness of students and staff.
CCSD uses cleaning products year-round that are suitable for disinfecting and wiping down all common areas to stop the spread of germs. Additionally, the Southern Nevada Health District (SNHD) conducts regular emergency exercises with both its public and private response partners. It is currently flu and respiratory season and the SNHD and CDC recommend individuals get a flu vaccine, taking everyday preventive actions to help stop the spread of germs, and taking antivirals if prescribed.
Additional recommendations from the SNHD include:
- Washing your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Avoiding close contact with people who are sick.
- Covering your cough and sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Additional information and updates are available on the SNHD website at snhd.info/coronavirus.