Update Date: Monday 3/16/2020
Good morning Team Absolute!
In these unprecedented times we want to keep you up to date with how we are thinking and reacting to the ever evolving COVID-19 virus situation. Both you and your patients safety and education are our number one concern. Please understand the following:
- Practice Operations
- A huge thank you to all practices who spent their time this weekend and deep cleaned! We appreciate your commitment to everyone’s health and wellness.
- The ADA has suggested that patients waiting in their cars is acceptable. After the patient checks in, please offer this option to the patient and call their cell phone when their appointment time is ready.
- The ADA has suggested that we remove all shared magazines from the waiting room to reduce the risk of virus spread – please remove these reading materials immediately.
- The ADA is also reminding us to enforce requirements of checking patients for flu-like symptoms; when in doubt, reschedule their appointment for a date 2 weeks out. In an effort to streamline REQUIRED patient screening, we have ordered thermometer
- Please follow the new sterilization protocols communicated and wipe down the common areas in the lobby and front desk so that we are doing our part to prevent the spread of the virus.
- Please continue to conduct practice confirmations so that patients understand the value of their appointment; as well, provide valuable insight into no-call, no-shows so that we can collectively plan better.
- Patients will be receiving periodic e-mails and text messages regarding our continued commitment to sterilization protocols and thanking them for trusting us.
- We are actively monitoring all PPE supplies and continue to source where/as needed; it’s important that we continue to follow CDC and OSHA guidelines here.
- Today our virtual dental service launches which allows patients with emergencies to complete an examination with a dentist virtually and have antibiotics (no opioids) provided, if needed. Please encourage patients to visit our website, if needed.
- Team Members
- We have an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) available as part of your Team Member benefits. Please contact them at 1-866-301-9551 or EAP for any support during this uncertain time.
- Please continue to practice proper PPE usage and social distancing as recommended by the CDC and state guidelines at Covid19.
- We will continue to communicate with you via text message, as needed. Updates will be posted to the website in this same format.
- If you elected health benefits and need to access a doctor remotely via Telemedicine, please access your TeleDoc benefits for PPO at Teledoc PPO and at Teledoc HMO for HMO.
- While we don’t know what the future will bring us, please know that we are doing everything that we can to keep practice schedules full and, therefore, Team Member hours available.
- We are also working to understand what benefits the latest governmental Coronavirus stimulus package offers to all of you so that we can help you maximize those benefits.
- To those with children with cancelled schools, we are working to coordinate child care services amongst other Absolute Team Members so that we can work together while you continue to go to work
Most importantly, please stay safe and work hard to understand facts before reacting both personally and professionally. We are all in this together and look forward to many more years together. Thoughts and prayers with everyone as we work together through this challenging time. More to come and talk soon!
Dr. Prada & David Drzewiecki