Update Date: Monday 3/16/2020
I want to thank Ann Anders and our entire operations team for the quick response to provide the necessary materials and equipment to maximize the protection of the staff and patients despite the challenges we’ve been having with these orders during this unfortunate crisis. Here is the recommendation as per the ADA in regards to the Thermometers and the Hydrogen Peroxide:
- Take temperature readings as part of their routine assessment of patients before performing dental procedures.
- Have patients rinse with a 1% hydrogen peroxide solution before each appointment. This will reduce the salivary load of oral microbes.
NOTE: We could only find the 3% hydrogen peroxide in the Henry Schein catalog
Please follow these steps to provide the hydrogen peroxide rinse to the patients before any dental procedure.
- Start with a 3% concentration of hydrogen peroxide. Next, combine one-part hydrogen peroxide with two parts water. Your final mix will have a concentration of 1% hydrogen peroxide.
- Ask patients to gargle and swish the mixture around in the mouth for 60 seconds.
- Spit the solution out after gargling. Don’t try to gargle the mixture for more than 90 seconds.
Bibiana Mosquera, RDH
Director of Hygiene