Benefits of Dental Sealants
Dental sealants are designed to cover the chewing surfaces of your child’s molars to seal out food particles and germs that can lead to tooth decay. While effectively preventing cavities, you’ll also find these benefits with dental sealants:
- The procedure is painless and non-invasive
- All molars are done quickly in one visit
- Saves in future dental expenses and treatments
- Proven to be safe by the ADA
- Helps your kids keep up with good oral hygiene
Made using BPA-free and non-hazardous materials, modern dental sealants have very little downsides other than a minimal chance of chipping. Parents can expect a slow thinning of the dental sealant after a few years from normal wear and tear, but they are very easily repaired or replaced.