Update Date: Friday 4/10/2020
Good morning Team Absolute!
We hope that these periodic updates provide a clear line of factual communication, as opposed to relying on what you might be hearing elsewhere. We miss all of you and think about you everyday! A few updates to share:
- Team Member Safety – All Team Members remain healthy and safe.
- ADA Guidance – On April 2, the ADA extended postponement of elective treatment to “4/30 at the earliest” in their update here.
- Nevada Dental Board Guidance – On April 2, the NDB issued a written communication that also called for the extension of postponement of elective dental procedures until at least 4/30 to align with State of Nevada governors order of “essential business only” until 4/30.
- Federal Government Guidance – There have been no new updates on the suggested end date of 4/30 for social distancing.
- TeleDentistry Update – All practices and marketing phone numbers are now fully supporting a TeleDentistry option for callers. We’ve been advertising via Radio, TV, Social Media, and a few other marketing mediums for the last two weeks or so. Billboards will soon share this message as well. We’re starting to see an uptick in patients choosing to use this option and we are now billing for this service per individual payer agreements. To date, over 300 TeleDentistry consults have taken place – social distancing at its best!
- Absolute Dental Emergency Patient Support – We now have 9 practices servicing emergency patients. Absolute is also now offering Endodontic, Oral Surgery, and Pedo emergency support nearly every day of the week due to the demand.
- Inactive Team Members Payroll/Benefits – This past Wednesday’s paycheck included all company accrued PTO, as well as, the few days in the past pay period. Please recall that we made a one-time exception to pay out company accrued PTO due to this unprecedented event. In regards to medical benefits continuation, unless already arranged for direct pay via HR, these benefits concluded on 3/31 as previously communicated. For those who have chosen to pay the total premium and extend their benefits, we have extended the option for direct pay benefits through the month of May as well. Finally, all Team Members should have received their letter for unemployment benefits.
- March / Quarter 1 Incentives – For the obvious reasons of 1) not fully completing the month of March and/or the quarter to be able to fully calculate, and 2) for purposes of preserving cash for a pending reopen, all provider and practice operational incentives have been suspended. All provider tier incentives were paid as normal, if earned.
- Reopen Date & Rehire Date – Given the information shared above, please know that there is still no definitive re-open or re-hire date that can be committed to at this time. We are playing this day-by-day and will make everyone aware of a re-open plan once the ADA and the Nevada Dental Board permit.
A continued THANK YOU to the affiliated providers and staff who remain committed to servicing patients in need. We are looking forward to a time where we can see each other again face to face!
Dr. Prada & David Drzewiecki