Relaxing, Sleep Dentistry in Las Vegas
Sleep dentistry is a way to relax in the dentist’s office and undergo your procedure or examination free from dental anxiety. While there are different levels of sedation dentistry ranging from mild to full general anesthesia, our team is fully certified to sedate you for any oral treatments you may need.
Absolute Dental has several locations throughout Las Vegas that offer sedation dentistry.
Call (844) 8-SMILE-NOW or fill out the form to make an appointment today!
Same Day Appointments Available!
Benefits of Visiting a Sedation Dentist
There are many reasons why a patient would benefit from sedation dentistry.
- Sleep dentistry allows people who are afraid to go to the dentist due to dental phobia or fear the opportunity to receive dental care. According to the Dental Organization for Conscious Sedation, 30 percent of the population avoids the dentist out of fear. For these patients, sedation dentistry is the only way they can receive dental care.
- Patients with a low pain threshold undergoing a very painful procedure like having teeth pulled would benefit from sedation.
- Those who cannot sit still in the dentist chair, such as small children or adults who cannot control their muscles will need sedation.
- Those with sensitive teeth and people who have a bad gag reflex.
- Patients who require a large amount of dental work will benefit from sedation dentistry by accomplishing more procedures in fewer sittings.
I like going to this office!!
I like going to this office!! Everyone is very nice. Priscilla is very helpful and nice! She always answers every…
The best experience I've had at any dental office!
The best experience I've had at any dental office! The front desk girls were so helpful and Tonya went above…
Recently had a great experience at Absolute Dental.
Recently, had a great experience at Absolute Dental. From the front desk to the hygienist to Dental assistant to the…
Dr. Culpepper was amazing!
I haven't been to the dentist in a long long time and decided it's time to start taking care of…
Amazing staff at this practice
Amazing staff at this practice, Katrina was really helpful explaining my treatment and she also offered me a payment plan,…
Very satisfied with the treatment I received here!
Very satisfied with the treatment I received here! The doctors and techs were kind, polite and caring! Will definitely go…
We Accept Most Dental Insurance
Absolute Dental is a preferred provider for most insurances, unions, and hotels that include: Aetna, Ameritas, Boon-Chapman, Caesars Palace, Cigna, Delta Dental, Diversified, Geha, Guardian, Harrah’s, HealthSCOPE Benefits, Health Plan of Nevada (HPN), Humana, Liberty, Met-Life, MGM-MIRAGE, Premier Access, The Standard, Station Casinos, Teachers Health Trust, United Concordia, United Healthcare, Venetian, and The Zenith. We also accept Medicaid.
If you do not see your dental insurance listed here, just give us a call to confirm!
No Insurance? No Problem. Try our Smile Saver Program
Every person’s situation is different. If you don’t see your health insurance here, or if you do not have dental insurance, we can help you!
Call us now to discuss your situation and discover what options are right for you.
Generally, sedation is minimal, intended to reduce anxiety while allowing the patient to respond to the dentists’ instructions. Depending on the severity of a patient’s fear or pain threshold, higher levels may be used. During minimal sedation, the patient is awake but relaxed, fully conscious and aware. During moderate sedation, a patient may not remember much but is responsive to dentists’ instructions. This is the most common practice, and the reason “sleep dentistry” is a frequently misused term.
During deep sedation a patient is placed at the brink of consciousness, but able to be quickly woken. Sometimes sedation dentistry is called sleep dentistry. This is sedation dentistry at its highest level. By using a general anesthesia that renders the patient unconscious, large amounts of work can be accomplished without a patient suffering through it. Most sedation dentistry requires a level of consciousness for safety and cooperation. The better the control the dentist has oversedation, the easier the procedure is.
Different methods of sedation can include nitrous oxide, oral pills, or an I.V.
- The most common method used is nitrous oxide, also known as “laughing gas”, taken through an oxygen mask. This allows the dentist to control how aware a patient is, wears off quickly and leaves the patient alert as if having a short nap after the procedure is complete.
- The most common pill given is Halcion, which is a drug prescribed primarily for light insomnia. It has a fast onset and lasts only a short time, about one to two hours, ideal for a dental session.
- IV’s (intravenous) are normally used in moderate sedation as they work quickly and can be monitored by the dentist to control how sedated a patient is.
As well as these sedation methods, a local anesthetic is typically used, numbing the site the dentist is working on. If you have any questions about this procedure, don’t hesitate to speak to your dentist.
Are You Looking For Sleep Dentisty in Las Vegas?
When it comes to relaxing dental procedures, you can count on the sleep dentistry team at Absolute Dental. Schedule your consultation with our dentists at any of our 25+ Las Vegas locations!
Absolute Dental provides the most professional dental and orthodontic services and successful treatment using certified sedation techniques.