How Do I Know I Need A Tooth Filling?
In some cases, a cavity may cause some symptoms like:
- Tooth pain
- Sensitivity to hot or cold foods or beverages
- Discomfort when eating something sweet or acidic
- A noticeable hole or dent on the surface of your tooth
- Tooth stains
However, minor cavities often have no symptoms at all. Seeing your dentist regularly is essential to help catch tooth decay early.
What Types Of Tooth Fillings Are Available?
Several types of tooth fillings can help keep your dental health on track. Common types of dental fillings include:
- Composite fillings: Made of durable synthetic resin, composite fillings are available in natural tooth colors and seamlessly blend in with your smile
- Amalgam fillings: While amalgam fillings have been widely used for decades, there is some controversy because they contain mercury. Speak with our Minden dentists to learn more about this option and our recommendations.
Other materials you’ll find in fillings include gold, porcelain, silver, and copper. The type of filling that is best for you will depend on several factors, including the extent of the damage.